Friday, June 29, 2012

Moving Day(s)

It feels like we've been moving for months and it's a good thing!  Preparing to get 2,000 square feet + garage + yard stuff into a Pod started back in February and even now as we wind down, there are still some odds and ends that need a home.

We merged, purged and divested ourselves of years of goodies.  Loaned some, gave some away, donated loads to Big Brothers/Sisters, Salvation Army and filled countless trash bags.  I am a pack rat like my Mother and I can't bear to get rid of Cris' school year memorabilia, wedding gifts, photographs framed back in the 80's - anything with sentimental value and I'm a total sap. I wish Cris and Brad luck with going through all the stuff someday as I figure I'll keep lugging it around wherever we go and then they can deal with it!

Here's a couple of pics of the pod and packing.  Now that this is done, we've got lots more to do which includes packing our stuff for London (eventually), cleaning and making sure the Landlord is happy enough to return our deposit.

Monday we are off to Kentucky where we'll hang our hats for hopefully a short period before we head across the pond.  Thanks in advance to Cathy and Ed for putting us up (putting up with us)!

 16x8x8

 Boxes are 3 deep!

Half way

 Bye bye stuff!  See you in about a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment